Luckily I love lists, actually I’m obsessed with lists.
Before I even think about packing for a two week holiday, my first (of many) list covers all the things that need to be done at home…
Before we leave
- Clean out the fridge
- Put the bins out
- Washing up
- Wash the dog bowls
- Disinfect kitchen surfaces
- Water the plants
- Wash sofa blankets and dog beds
- Shake n’vac front room
- Clean bathroom
- Clean toilet
- Wash towels
- Change bedding in nursery and our room
- Restock nursery (nappies / wet wipes / clean pjs for first day back)
- Meal plan and shopping list for week we’re home (see separate list)
- Prepare all bottles night before
- Pack hand luggage (see separate list for what to include)
- Pack suitcases (see separate list for what to pack)
- Charge mobiles, laptop, cameras etc.
- Pack the car (include baby carrier as well as pushchair and suitcases)
- Layout clothes for travelling in
- Turn off the water
- Shut and lock all windows and doors
- Email flight and hotel details to Mum.
The last thing I want to do after a relaxing holiday is been faced with housework – there’s always the inevitable laundry to do, and that’s fine, but getting home and realising that we didn’t wash up those last dirty dishes, which are now covered in mold, or we didn’t empty the bin, and its started to stink out the kitchen, will definitely bring on the post-holiday blues.
So, I might seem a little obsessive, (and I’m happy to admit that I am) but I don’t think it’s that crazy to want to walk through the front door, knowing that all I need to do is unpack because everything else is done.
Is there anything I’ve missed that you would include on your ‘before we leave’ list?