I’ve been tagged by the fabulous Charlotte at Cups of Charlotte to take on the #RockingMotherhood Tag…
Since becoming little N’s mama in February, I’ve had some of my best and worst days. It’s tough and there really was nothing to prepare me for the hardest and most rewarding job I will ever have!
Here are my 10 reasons why I’m rocking being a mama…
- I’m going with my instincts. I know there are a lot of parenting books and guides out there but I’ve resisted the urge to pick one up – I’m constantly reminded that no baby is the same, so I figure no baby will be like the textbook either, so why compare. It seems to be working. I’m not constantly focused on little N’s development, it’s clear to see that he’s learning, changing and becoming an independent little person every day
- I love reading and so does little N – we’re the perfect match!
- We’re raising him to enjoy the simple things, outdoor adventures and family time. We don’t want him to expect toys, games and electronic gifts, but to enjoy reading, playing with his toys and friends. As he gets older, we want him to be outside as much as possible, kicking a football or on his bike. Our rainy day activities will include colouring, painting and playing board games as well as cooking and crafts instead of reaching for the Playstation or Netflix
- I am trying to encourage him to make the right choices with food. We’re really struggling with weaning and he refuses to drink water but we make sure he has fruit, vegetables and healthy snacks, and minimise sugar and salt as much as we can
- I give him the freedom to learn at his own pace, and give him the time and space to explore and develop
- We have fresh air every day, even if it’s just out walking the dog, we never have a day inside. Fresh air is important and raising little N, he will know that Poppy needs her time to explore and stretch her legs and as a family, it’s a great activity we can all do together
- I always take a deep breath and count to 10 when he’s testing my patience, especially if we’re both tired from a difficult night. I do my best to be understanding that he’s just a baby and isn’t acting up on purpose, he doesn’t know any other way to communicate – and there’s always coffee & wine to help!
- Because I am his mama. I always will be and even when he’s grown up and his life takes off, I will always be here for him, to wipe away the tears and to help him in any way that I can. The door will always be open, I will always answer his calls and I will never abandon him
- I love snuggle time, no matter how busy or distracted I am, I’ve always got time for kisses and cuddles – even though little N would prefer to wriggle away and read his books!
- I love being a mama. It’s the hardest, most difficult job I have ever had and I have had to sacrifice a lot of myself and my own time to make sure that little N has everything that he needs – my time, my love and my total adoration. It’s not always been easy, at times I’ve struggled with my self confidence, the constant mum uniform and mum guilt but I still love him totally and whole heatedly.
I am now tagging five more bloggers to take up the challenge…
Sara at Home with Mrs Harvey
Nina at Ready for a Cuppa
Lorna at Mums Wine HQ
Anita at The House That Never Rests