‘Liebster’ is Germanic in origin and can mean dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute and endearing.
This award started back in 2011 and exists only on the internet, given by bloggers to fellow bloggers to encourage connection and support within the blogging community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers – like me!
Before I was nominated by Nicole at Iamcbstix – thank you lovely – I hadn’t heard of these awards, in fact, it’s not really an award, but a chance to get to know other bloggers and share a little something about yourself.
- Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
- Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
- Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
Here are the questions I was nominated to answer…
- If you were a chocolate bar, what would you be?
Whole nut chocolate…I’m a girl who loves to research, so I went online to see how other people had answered this question and I discovered that there are reasons behind your choice of chocolate bar, who knew?!?! So, based on my choice that makes me ‘straight to the point, no bullshit. Plain chocolate with a bit of a bite, like yourself, it’s tough to crack and there’s no messing involved’ – I think that sums me up! Although, I’m tempted to change my answer to snickers – ‘You have anger issues. It’s likely you will buy this in a fit of rage then in your angered state rip the top off it before the soothing mix of flavours calms you down.’ Haha!
- If you had to choose one thing to save from your house, if it was burning down, what would it be (the people and pets are already out)?
Family photos – Mr A has all of our photos backed up on an external hard drive and that would be first thing I reach for
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
I visited the Amalfi Coast in Italy many years ago and have always wanted to go back
- If you had to put one thing into Room 101, what would it be?
Halloween…I just don’t get it
- What is the worst parenting advice you have received?
Nap when the baby naps
- If your TV was stuck on one channel would you prefer it to be stuck on 24 hour Teletubbies or 24 hour Peppa Pig?
24 hour Teletubbies. To be honest, we’ve never watched either in our house, as little N is too young, but I’ve heard that Peppa Pig teaches children bad habits so I’m definitely banning it from our house!
- How long was your labour?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
Bruce Willis, back in the Die Hard days, but now I’d trade him in for Jason Statham – obviously I have a type!
- If you could have dinner with two celebrities (alive or dead) who would you pick?
Stephen Fry for his intellect and Jason Statham for the eye candy!
- Do you watch any soaps?
No, although I did watch a few episodes of Eastenders last year when Peggy died and Grant Mitchell came back to the square
- Who is your favourite singer?
Adele, she has a beautiful voice and she’s a good role model because she hasn’t tried to fit the typical celebrity stereotype that she needs to be a size zero
Eleven random facts about me…
- I can’t cook. Mr A is definitely head chef in our house (thank god) because I struggle to cook anything more sophisticated than a student meal
- My Mum is my best friend. I would be lost without her
- I’m a military brat. Just like little N, I was part of the military brat club growing up
- I hate trifle. Most foods I don’t eat are based on texture, rather than flavour and this is my worst nightmare – the combination of cold custard, slimy jelly and syrup covered tinned fruit with soaked sponge fingers is my idea of hell
- I love lists. I’m forever scribbling a ‘to do’ list or meal plan etc.
- I have a really bad memory. Often I can only remember places or events because I’ve seen photos, but even then I’m not sure if it’s a genuine memory or the photo I’m recalling. It’s frustrating, and upsetting, especially now we have little N as I know that there will be big sections of his life I will forget too
- I’m Australian too. Although I was born in the UK, I spent a few years living in Australia as a child and became a citizen
- I studied Broadcast Journalism at University. But I often regret my decision to go to University, it didn’t live up to the hype and I still struggled to establish a career once I graduated
- Weaning is the worst part of parenting. I absolutely hate how much food is wasted and how hard it is to keep coming up with different healthy options for little N to try, especially when I know most of it will end up on the floor or in the dog bowl
- I love cleaning. I always feel more relaxed when the housework is up-to-date and I’m not surrounded by chaos
- I met Mr A online. And the rest is our history!
I now nominate…
- Natalie at HelloCuppies
- Maria at MummyToLogan
- Tessa at GrumpyMumReviews
- Laura at TheUnsungMum
- Lisa at MotherhoodTheJourneyBlog
- Laura at BoyEquation
Eleven questions for my nominees to answer…
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- What three words would most people use to describe you?
- What is your all time favourite type of cake?
- Who is your hero and why?
- Is there something you find very scary / exciting, yet ever want to do?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
- What are your guilty pleasures?
- What would your top tip be to anyone thinking about starting up a blog?
- Where do you get your inspiration to write?
- What’s the biggest challenge of blogging for you?